Ask a Dentist   »  

Spreading infection of gums, infection is recurrent.

i have got infection in my gums which is spreading ..i get this problem very frequently
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 34 minutes later

You seem to be suffering from a very common health issue. Many a time, the dental health of an individual reflects the overall general health of the person.

You seem to be getting this problem of gum infections very frequently. A few simple measures would help you to a great extent like using a Betadine gargle to cleanse your mouth and teeth, brushing twice daily and specially after eating sweetened food to keep away from bacteria of any forms.

Taking multivitamins will also help you in great deal as it improves your general health as well as dental health. These are over the counter medicines; you do not require a doctor's prescription for the same.

A visit to your dentist and getting a clean-up done will also help. This would anyways make you take a course of antibiotic and it will take care of the current gum infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.