Sprained ankle, took medicines and having air cast. Elevating foot, soaking in empson salt. Healing process hurts. When will it improve?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
when you sprain your ankle category 1 take all the meds and drops recommended, have an aircast on. I have been elevating my foot, soaking in empson salt n walking just the neccesary to get through the day. In the healing process does it still hurts? and when will i see feel some improvements?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Healing time of sprained ankle is 3 weeks minimum

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Full weight bearing on the leg is not allowed till 3 weeks so as to allow the soft tissues to heal and regain their preinjury status.

You can appreciate the improvement in the symptoms after 3-4 weeks.

Continue the treatment which you are following.

Hope I have justified your query. I welcome any more clarifications.