Spotting during urination

Infertility Specialist
everyday spotting during urination in urine
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I am not clear so as to bleeding is in urine or from vagina. It appears that bleeding is in ‘urine’ while micturating.

Blood is seen in urine due to following conditions:

1) Calculi (stones) in the renal system. The renal stones could be in kidney, ureter, urinary bladder or in urethra. It is generally associated with pain. So let me know you have any associated pain.

2) Any trauma to urethra or renal system might lead to blood in urine.

If you get a renal system ultrasound and an X-ray of kidney, ureter and bladder the calculi might be seen and treatment can be prescribed accordingly.
Meanwhile I suggest you to drink plenty of water every day. And do not worry yet. We may be able to treat it.

Hope this answers your query. I am available for follow up queries if you wish to ask.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol