Spotting dark brown after taking Clomid. Have PCOS. Done D and C for endometriosis. What is this discharge?

Hi my name is XXXXXX. I have pcos. I have my periods irregular. last time I bleed nearly for 2 months. I have gone for d and c on 25 XXXXXXX and doc removed endometriosis. My periods was stoped . My doc ask me to take clomid after my next periods . On 14 aug I start spoting I thought its my periods but it was not . I start clomid . Iwas spoting for whole month brown and pinkish only when I was wiping. Again on 21 day I had progrestone test but it was negative. I had my periods started on that day .and doc again ask me to take clomid 50 mg.and it is now more than16 days and I am still spoting dark brown discharge. Can u plz tell me what it is.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Having a persistent dark brown discharge is suggestive of a hormonal disturbance. Before starting on clomid, it is necessary to have a normal regular cycle so that ovulation can be induced.
Since you have irregular periods, you need to have oral contraceptives for 2-3 cycles to regularize your periods and then after a complete hormonal assessment should start with clomid.
Serial ultrasound scans are also needed to detect the timing of ovulation so that intercourse timing is appropriate for conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Spotting dark brown after taking Clomid. Have PCOS. Done D and C for endometriosis. What is this discharge? 3 hours later
But u have been for 6 month on contraceptive still my periods are not regular
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If your periods are not regular even after taking oral pills for 6 months then you need a regular progesterone support in second half of cycle with mild estrogen support in the first half to stop the bleeding you are having. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper hormonal thgerapy so that the periods can be regularized.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.