Spotting and cramps after unprotected sex, negative pregnancy tests. Could there be a chance i'm pregnant?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
i am 22 years old, and about 5'7. my period was 5 days late, and i got it on saturday. ended tuesday. weds and thursday i had light spotting. today the spotting got heavier. threw all this i have had really bad cramps. i had unprotected sex about 2 or 3 weeks ago. taken 2 pregnancy tests. one on friday and one on weds. both negative. could there be a chance im pregnant?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later

It is highly unlikely that you are pregnant since you have got your periods and that urine pregnancy test is negative.

But due to stress or in case, you had any emergency contraceptive pill, there might be some disturbances in your present cycle.

It should resolve in the next cycle or a couple of cycles at the most. Even if you didn't take any pill, the stress itself can cause such thing.

So kindly relax and in future always use barrier contraceptive and be safe.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.