Spotting and cramping,high prolactin level in blood test,on 6 DPO.Pregnant ?

i had blood work done showing i have high prolactin levels of 50.9.. but i have regular periods and i ovulate normal.. question is i am 6 dpo and i had spotting 2 days ago and cramping for 3days.. i never spot or cramp like that.. could i be pregnant and thats why my levels are high??
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later

High prolactin levels are not seen in early pregnancy.If you are mid cycle,and have cramping and spotting it could be ovulatory pain.
You need to miss a period and test positive for pregnancy before you can be confirmed as pregnant.
You prolactin levels are high,and you should be on medication.
I would also suggest a ultrasound if you havent had one.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.