Spotting after having sex, larger clitoris. What could this be?

Question

I recently finished a menstral cycle 2 weeks ago around 8/20. My boyfriend and I had sex in the first week of september, 9/1, and used a condom that we are familiar with. The next day I noticed a brown discharge coming form my vagina, and it was kind of a lot. I've always had a constant discharge, so I thought nothing of it, until I noticed myself spotting with blood the following day, 9/2. I have been spotting since then, and it appears that I am starting my menstal again, which is strange to me because I just finished it 2 weeks ago. What's even more strange is that my vagina has had a very dry feeling, despite the spotting, whenever I go to wipe myself after using the restroom. My vagina has never felt 100% dry like it has recently, and I have never spotted like this before - every time I use the bathroom blood leaves my opening, as if I were on my period. This has been going on for 3 days now, and my clitoris appears to be a bit larger than usual (I may be seeing things since I'm nervous and concerned about the other problem). These seem like symptoms of low estrogen or menopause, however, I am only 22. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The light bleeding that you are having now might be due to an early period due to a hormonal disturbance or anxiety. Such a mild hormonal disturbance can also cause a temporary dryness in the vagina. This is not suggestive of an early menopause. This can happen once in a while and is not worrisome.
You need to wait for the bleeding to stop spontaneously and in case your next cycle is again early, then you will require a hormonal treatment to regularize your cycles. You can consult your gynecologist for the prescriptions.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.