Spotting after 30 years of ceasing regular periods, feeling of tiredness. Is it normal?

hi my mother is 73 hasnt had her period in about 30 yrs and she is now spotting is this ok
she is also tired
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
At the age of 73, spotting from vagina is not normal.
It is likely to be due to a uterine or cervical cause like uterine polyp, cervical dysplasia, chronic cervicitis, cervical polyp, vaginal bacterial infection, etc.
To find out the cause, you need to consult your gynaecologist who will order tests like PAP smear and a lower abdomen ultrasound scan to find out the cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.