Spots on face after chicken pox. How can spots be removed totally?

spots on face after chicken pox recently (August 2012). i require your assistance to totally clear the spots. some spots are deeper and black in colour.
how the spots can be removed totally?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

Chicken pox scars are very resistant to go.

Tell me, if they are just black spots or there are depressions too?

If there are only pigmentary alterations, then I would suggest to apply Aziderm cream which is available over the counter. You can also apply Vit E capsules on these scars.

You may also discuss the option of dermatosurgery(derma rollerand subcission) Nd YAG laser with your dermatologist.

Can you please upload your pics so that I get a better understanding of your condition and thus give you further advice.

Follow-up: Spots on face after chicken pox. How can spots be removed totally? 43 hours later
plz go through uploaded photograpgs of face. some spots are depression with black circle.
suggest me medicines so that these scars can be errased without sergeny.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi Again,

Ive gone through your photos.

The lesions of chickenpox are still active.Some pustules and scars are also present.

My Advise to you would be to take some antibiotics orally like azithromycin for five days.

Also You can apply calamine lotion for 15 days.

Once the active phase is over you can apply depigmenting creams containing kojic acid.

Please avoid sunexposure for month or so.

Take fresh fruits and lemon juice in diet.Have plenty of water.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Spots on face after chicken pox. How can spots be removed totally? 1 hour later
kindly suggest some trade names and exact doses of azithromycin (in mg) to be taken for 5 days.
Plz suggest how many times calamine lotion to be applied with some trade names
and also suggest some trade names of depigmenting cream containing kojic acid and its dose.
After using your suggested medicine can I again intimate you for your future advice?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Hi again,

Tab.Azithral 500mg 1 daily for five days.

Calkem lotion twice to thrice daily.

Kojic Cream night time single application.

You can contact me after 1 month.

Hope this helps.

If you have liked my answer please accept it and rate it at the end.