Spots and rashes all over body. Have chicken pox. Eyes are swollen even after spots left. Advise?

Hi my one year old niece had spots/like rash all over her body on monday went to doctor on call said it was chicken pox, by monday night her eyes were all swelled up, and tue spots had gone down went to doctor yest because of eyes said it must be viral, but today eyes all bruised like and so are the spots are purple now need some advice please thanks
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

Before I give you a concrete advice, I need you to answer the following questions..

Is the rash itchy?

Does she have any fever or bodyache?

Is there an allergic background (self or family).

I am thinking more in lines of urticaria and angioedema than viral rash or chicken pox.

Can you also, please attach a pic of the rash and eye swelling. It is very important to have a look on the lesion to be sure of the diagnosis.

Till then you may use Calamine lotion 2-3 times daily and antiallergic syrup as required.

Awaiting your response