Ask a Urologist   »  

Spot on penis head, skin peeling on the spot. Had tried a penis pump. Taken neoporine, cortizone, anti fungal. Any advice?

Jul 2016

I had this bright idea to try a penis pump to see if it would make me bigger. I read the precations of don't use too long or pump to hard because it can cause damage to the glands. Well I used for a week or so and one session I guess i did it too long or something. The next day I got a red spot size of a pencil eraser on head of my penis. It doesn't itch or hurt but it just wont go away. Always looks the same. Its been there for 2 weeks. Also the skin peels on that spot too! I got a divorce with my wife about 5 months ago and last time I had sex (unprotected) was with her 51/2 months ago. She did get a yeast infection a couple of days after we had sex. I have not used the pump since the spot showed up. Im 34 years old and I do not have diabetes. I have tried neoporine, cortizone with aloe, anti fungal (for athletes foot cuz it was all I had) Nothing helps. Can you give any advice please!
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have erosion of the glans penis due to negative pressure of penile vacuum pump.

It has undergone secondary infection resulting into what is called as Balanitis.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication for couple of days, get prescription of drugs from your family Physician.

Wash the glans with warm water twice daily. Continue to apply topical antibiotic ointment which you are using now and cover the glans with soft gauge or cloth to protect it from getting contaminated by inner wares.

It should get cured within one week.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Spot on penis head, skin peeling on the spot. Had tried a penis pump. Taken neoporine, cortizone, anti fungal. Any advice? 29 minutes later
Thank you for prompt response Dr. I have been on Bactrim since last Sunday! Sorry I didn't think of that earlier! I don't know if this matters, I kept thinking that it might help but all has been the same since I started the antibiotics. When you say antiinflammatory med, I know you can't same names of meds do to leagal but would something that sounds like ID Profrin or B-lieve work? Hope this makes since! will any over the counter anti inflammatory work? Is this condition serious, and can it be transmitted to somebody else?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

You can use Brufen 4oo mg twice daily which is freely available over the counter of medical store.
Take broad spectrum antibiotics of Floxacin group which are commonly used in UTI.

This is not a serious problem at all and will get cured in 10 days.

Infection can be transmitted to someone else through sexual intercourse.

Please avoid sexual activity till it heals up completely.

Thanks and Regards.