Spot on leg, looks like bites, not itching. What is this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a spot on my left leg inside about two inches above my ankle about the size of a baseball that was red dots and sometimes looks like a bite XXXXXXX I just noticed I now have a spot on my right leg in about the same spot but only the size of a small rubber ball. What is this possibly? It does not itch and doesn't really feel any different than the skin around it.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
From your description it seems to be a harmless area of pigmentation.
It is due to overproduction of melanin by the pigment cells, melanocytes.
The exact causes of melasma are unknown, but it is generally believed that a combination of over-exposure to the sun mixed with external and XXXXXXX hormone changes lead to melasma.
You can use modified kliggmans formula skin lightening agent. Triglow cream is one such cream of which I have good personal experience in practice.Use it after consulting your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.