Sporatic joint pain that may last for hours or days

Question
Sporatic joint pain that may last for hours or days all over my body...shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles, all at the same time...especially elbows, hips, and knees...hips wake me up, or elbows if I am on my back. Temperature is about a degree higher, when this happens, but I feel very hot. I can continue to do my obligations, but collapse in bed and sleep when I get home.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
different possible causes

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Generalized joint pain can be due to different possible causes which can be determined by examination and tests (blood tests and imaging such as x rays).

The increase in temperature may be due to inflammation/irritation in the body, this can cause a temperature rise.

Some causes of generalized joint pain include---(1)infection- viral illnesses can cause joint pain though it is not usually long term
(2)autoimmune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), scleroderma etc
(3)osteoarthritis, gout
(4)blood related conditions such as sickle cell disease

You may want to consider blood tests such as --(1)complete blood count, ESR (checks for inflammation in the body),
(2)bloods to check for lupus, RA etc,
(3)uric acid levels- gout,
(4)hemoglobin electrophoresis (would check for sickle cell and other similar conditions)

I agree , since there is a decrease in kidney function, that you should avoid NSAIDs.

If there are any autoimmune conditions present , there are different types of medications that may help to suppress the immune system response, this is also true of gout.

Treatment depends on the cause found.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Sporatic joint pain that may last for hours or days 3 hours later
Thank you so very much. I am to see my doctor this month, and now I will be able to speak more knowledgeably about my concerns.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
I wish you the very best

If there are any other queries, can let me know