Spleen injured. Getting hot flashes, feeling dizzy and have low enzymes level. Prognosis?

General Surgeon
I was in a car accident several yrs ago and had my spleen injured they were able to mend it. but now I am 48 yrs old and I am getting dizzie sometimes having hot flashes feeling tired and sometimes I get really bad pain underneath my ribcage It sometimes feels like something is stuck there bulging out, anyway I went to see a doc he took blood work from me and said they were testing it for everything but high cholestrol to see if my hormones were ok , my thyroid, etc I forgot to mention to him about my spleen anyway they said all test came back normal, except my liver enzymes were a little low and that he wanted to see me back in 6 weeks, well my stomach is swollen pretty much all the time after i eat and i allways fill full even if I really am not should I be concern about my spleen. and if there is nothing wrong with me how come im getting hot flashes so bad and sometimes the cold chilles after and last month my period i actually had twice, and in my blood work did it test my spleen at all?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later

You did not mention whether the spleen was removed or not.

If spleen was removed or not after surgery, there is every possibility of Hernia seen as bulge from the abdominal surgery scar. It is called Incisional hernia.

If any content like fat or bowel is stuck in hernia, there will be pain.
If the spleen is removed, you should take Vaccine to prevent infections from various bacteria.

Whether you have taken it or not?

If the stomach is enlarged after taking food, it could be due to some stomach lesion like ulcer. Please take a Proton pump inhibitor like Rabeprazole along with prokinetic drug.

The hot flushes and cold chillies, which are related to your periods, are due to hormonal changes or any pathology in the Uterus/Ovary.
Simple Ultrasound abdomen can confirm any pathology in the abdomen.

If you come back with the answers for above questions of mine and also Ultrasound abdomen report, I shall clarify further.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Spleen injured. Getting hot flashes, feeling dizzy and have low enzymes level. Prognosis? 8 hours later
I still have my spleen and I get hot flashes almost everyother day I do not know how that can be from my periods,
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 11 hours later

Nice to hear that your spleen is intact. But Incisional hernia needs to be ruled out if there is scar in the abdomen.

Hot flushes occur due to Hormonal changes associated with perimenopausal age. Menstrual disturbances are related to perimenopause. Getting your follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) levels checked will confirm perimenopause state. Please consult your Gynaecologist and proceed accordingly.

Wish you good health