Spleen enlarged, white count increased. How to cure the pain in pelvis area, lower back and abdomen?

having lots of pain went to er today the doc said my spleen was enlarged, white count sligtly elivated and i had a tear e said was called annular fishtula in my L 4-5. reason went er severe paint in lower back and left side of abdoman what woud cause all this and what would be te treatment, they just gave me pain meds said follow up with my physicain. im also having severe pain in my pelvic area more than usualy also nausea, gas, diahria
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have numbness or tingling in your lower limbs?
2.) Do you have weakness in your legs?

Your history suggests you have herniated disc secondary to annular disc tear which is present at the level of L4-L5 along with splenomegaly. The tear happens due to regular wear and tear as you age and it is the ageing process. Both these conditions have to be confirmed, Kindly get yourself examined by a Orthopedician and a Physician.

The causes for Splenomegaly could be, infections, if it is working excessively, in filtering or manufacturing blood cells, if there is abnormal blood flow to it, or if it is invaded with abnormal cells or deposits. The cause has to be confirmed, through,

1.) Bloodwork.
2.) Urinalysis.
3.) Ultrasound abdomen.
4.) X XXXXXXX or MRI spine.

Once confirmed, you will be treated accordingly with medications and sometimes Surgery.

In addition to the treatment follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Apply heat pads or cold packs where you feel the pain.
3.) Avoid excessive bed rest.
4.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. XXXXXXX Tauseef.