Spilled amyl nitrate in nose by accident. ear pain, reduced on washing nose. Precautions against side effects ?

I accidently spilled amyl (nitrate) in my nose.What can i do?
i had ear pain immediately after that.but after washing nose with water for a while, it is better now.I am just scared if anything complex could happen?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

Accidental spillage of amyl nitrate in the nose may cause decrease in blood pressure, headache, flushing of the face, increased heart rate, dizziness, and relaxation of involuntary muscles, especially the blood vessel walls and the anal sphincter.
In extreme cases it may cause nausea, vomiting, hypotension, hypoventilation, shortness of breath and fainting. The effects set in very quickly, typically within a few seconds and disappear soon after (within minutes).
Since you are now feeling better and this is easily removed from the body through the expired air, there is nothing to worry now. No delayed effects are expected.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.