Spider bite on neck, reddish. Serious?

A couple of weeks ago we noticed a small reddish area that looked like a small spider bite (Three to be exact) approximately 1" below the base of my 1 1/2 year old son's neck. Should I be worried that it is still there? It has cleared up a little bit but it doesn't seem to be going away.

Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

All the spiders are poisonous even if to a small extent. If you are suspecting a spider bite and still you are seeing the skin changes after a couple of weeks then it means the changes are due to local tissue damage caused by the spider venom.

The damage which the venom could have produced is already done. You can apply some hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the area. The skin might return back to its normal color on its own with time.There is no systemic damage or long term effect expected so late.
If the XXXXXXX still persists then dermabrasion by your dermatologist will help in removing the XXXXXXX

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.