Spermatocelectomy,no pain,swollen

I had a Spermatocelectomy performed 7 days ago. I am in no pain, but am swollen. What is the normal amount of swelling after 7 days? I am due to be examined by the doctor in 6 days?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Spermacelectomy is a surgical procedure to separate the epididymis from the spermatocele. It is common to find scrotal swelling after the procedure and scrotal swelling is usual and will typically last from 2 –21 days. You have to wear a scrotal support for 7–14 days after the procedure and apply cold compresses. Also take your anti inflammatory medicines as prescribed as they help a lot in decreasing the swelling.

If there is any pain, redness, warmth of the area or fever then possibility of infection is important to be ruled out.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.