Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe asthenozoospermia. ICSI or IVF only solution?

I did the sperm test and found to have Very severe oligoteratozoo with severe asthenozoospermia.
What i can overcome this problem.There is no genetically in my family with such problem.I dont have budget to perform the ICSI or IVF.Is there any other solution

Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

What you are suffering from is basically reduced swimming capability of your sperm and also reduced count of them. It is a serious issue and might not yield results with medical management alone; but you can try the following things.

1. Abstain from smoking and alcohol; wear boxer shorts instead of tight ones
2. Avoid keeping warm objects like laptop on the groin area
3. There are no proven food items known to increase and decrease sperm count
4. Have intercourse during the ovulation period of your wife.

I encourage you to seek professional help by consulting infertility expert.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any other query let me know I'll be happy to get back.
Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Follow-up: Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe asthenozoospermia. ICSI or IVF only solution? 35 minutes later

I am non smoker and non drinker.What could have caused this problem?
Can you be a bit specific what kind of food i should take?
Can i solve the problem through medication?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 24 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

There are no proven fruits or vegetables to improve sperm count. But please avoid mint, somph, papaya and saffron.

I am sorry, but medicines as such will not yield results in your condition. IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) is a beautiful option for you.

As you said, there is no similar history in family, infection like Mumps could have caused this. Other causes are radiation and exposure to toxic chemicals. Intra uterine causes (cause when you were in your mothers womb) is another possibility.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no further query.

Wish you good health.