Sperm test done. How to improve sperm liquefaction time?

Infertility Specialist
my husband liquification time is more than 1 hour.his sperm count is 22 milion and motility is 50%. how to improve liquification time?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 54 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following are my suggestions / reply:

1) The delayed liquifaction is observed due to 2 reasons:

a. Present or Past infection of semen which can be treated.
b. Idiopathic ( means unknown reasons)

2) I suggest please get semen culture test to know if there is any infection. Even if does not show any infection in semen culture please take empirical course of antibiotics after obtaining prescription from your doctor.

3) After taking antibiotics please repeat the test ( approximately after a month). I believe the liquifaction would return to normal.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.