Sperm count is healthy, liquefaction. On lipitor. Suggest the most efficient nutritional supplements?

I have been talking with another doctor here, but looks like she has been XXXXXXX My sperm count is healthy 40 million, visocsity normal, liquefaction (complete). Also the sperm themeselves are healthy, and only 1% Cytoplasmic, 1% Amorphous, 1% Crocked Neck. But my motility is way low. 85% (0), 5% (1), 5% (2), 5%(3) and 0% (4). Bacteria ++. How can I improve this. Also, I have been on Lipitor for the past 2 months and have read many testimonials and studies showing it CAN cause low sperm motility.

She said Lipitor is a factor or can be. I just want to know if stopping it will help improve my problem, as I have for a couple weeks now. Also

I got some good answers but I wanted to ask What are the most efficient nutritional supplements I can take to help improve my status??

Currently I am taking Centrum Specialist (Energy) , Nature's Plus Herbal Actives Goji Extract, and Nature's Way Ginkgold (60mg). Are those Ok to continue taking or should I stop one, two or all. And again what are the best/most efficient supplements I can take to help the problem.

Thank you very much for all the replies, you are being an amazingly huge help.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Das 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stopping Lipitor likely to increase sperm quality

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your query. Atorvastatin (Lipitor) have been found to decrease sperm motility and overall quality in animal studies (rats), at a concentration much than the human dosage. However, most human studies have been ambiguous, with non significant results. There is insufficient data as of now, to confidently say that Lipitor decreases sperm count in humans.
However, even if it does, it is reversible, with normalisation of the same after stopping Lipitor, according to most studies (research data).

As to your second query, there is no apparent harm in trying those

Floic acid and Zinc supplements in combination have been reported to increase sperm quality in some studies. Those may be tried safely. But again, any nutritional supplement just a supplement, and by itself it is unlikely to solve your problem completely. Some evidence also exists of improved sperm quality with Yoga, regular exercise and following a healthy lifestyle (like maintaining sleep hygiene, avoiding nicotine, coffee, alcohol, etc).

I would advise you to consult a gynaecologist for your problem, who will help you out of it and give you evidence based advise.

Hope I've been able to satisfy your query. If there are no further queries, please close the discussion and rate the same.

Best of luck,
Dr. Sourav.