Sperm count, ejaculation, morphology normal, IUI. Suggest?

Question
I have a sperm count - 20 Million/ml...got 2ml in ejaculation...morphology is normal...35 % motility...
My doctor suggesting me to go for IUI. That to0 after taking 3 months medicine...Am i really needed IUI...
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 43 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long are you married and planning for kids?
2.) Are all reports of your Wife normal?
3.) Do you smoke?

Your Sperm count is normal but sperm motility, which should be 60%. If you have been planning for kids for more than a year and your wife's reports are normal the better option would be to try through IUI (intrauterine insemination). Just follow your Doctor's orders, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Follow these lifestyle modifications to improve your fertility:

1.) Take a daily dose Multivitamin which contains both Vitamin C and E after discussing it with your Doctor.
2.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
3.) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
4.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
5.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
6.) Do not spend more than 30 minutes in hot water while bathing.
7.) If you ride a bike often, limit your time on it as much as possible.
8.) Avoid wearing tight underwear.
9.) Avoid lubricants during sex.
10.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health and All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Sperm count, ejaculation, morphology normal, IUI. Suggest? 1 hour later
1.5 year
Yes
3.) Do you smoke?
No

The veryfirst time i took Sperm test. I got the same 20 million and 15 % motility.
Then next time...I got 5 million 5 % motility...then third time 41 million 30% motility
fourth time - 20 million 35% motility

After taking first time. Doctor gave me tablets . I took it for month and count reduced so i stopped it and took healthy foods..Then i got 41...finall one is 20 and 35%

Cant I increase the motility by eating healthy food alone and not taking tablets??

IUI is the only way...??? Cant i make her pregnant by normal Intercourse..

???

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 26 minutes later

Thank you for Writing Back.

I am sorry to tell you this that Only Diet Improvement will not help you impregnate your Wife, it has to be done in sync with Medications.

Just take the medications as directed by your Doctor and go in for IUI (intrauterine insemination) since your Sperm motility is very less compared to normal values and as it is a crucial factor for the sperm to XXXXXXX the egg even if the count is normal.

Follow the Lifestyle modifications which I have advised earlier and go for regular follow up.

All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Sperm count, ejaculation, morphology normal, IUI. Suggest? 27 minutes later

I do masturbate daily. Is this caused a less motility. I have seen more amt coming out when i masturbate earlier..Also i do rub my penis during my office time by thinking something....will it cause less motility??

Do you know abt mistress and slave stuff.. female domination. I am more addicted to this...may i know why??.. this gives sex pleasure for me.

Thanks for the follow up.

Masturbation in any form is not harmful and it wont have any effect on your Sperm Motility and it is a widely spread misconception.

Coming to your "Mistress and Slave Female domination stuff", it is a abnormal sexual fantasy, and the reason for this Unknown. It may also happen that Persons who are bored in life and are stressed out or who love sexual adventures indulge in such abnormal sexual activities. For this you can consult a Psychiatrist.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.