Sperm count 91.5 million, active motile 65 %, pus cells 10-12, abnormal sperm 30%, semen analysis ?

Question
Colour - Greyish Opaque; Volume - 1ml sperm; Reaction - Alkaline; Abnormal Forms 30%; Pus Cells - 10-12; Total Sperm Count - 91.5million/ml; Active Motile - 65%; Sluggish Motile - 15%; Non Motile - 20%; liquefaction time is around40 mins.viscosity is normoviscid. ph - 8.0.Normal sperm : 70 % abnormal sperm : 30 %
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: Sperm count 91.5 million, active motile 65 %, pus cells 10-12, abnormal sperm 30%, semen analysis ? 2 minutes later
If problem in my semen mean wat is the solution for the problem .

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi Venkatash

Thanks for query.

As per your report,

1. The sperm count is normal
2. Volume is less
3. Motility is normal
4. Morphology is normal
5. There is presence of infection.

Semen consists of secretions from prostate gland, seminal vesicles and minor composition from other glands. Infection any where can lead to presence of infection in semen.

Please visit a urologist in your city and get examined, he may ask for some more investigation and give you a course of antibiotics.

After the complete course of antibiotics you may go for repeat examination again to confirm whether infection is cured or not.

Before test please take following precautions

>Observe abstinence of at least 3 days,
>Collect the sample properly as advised
>If not collected in lab,then reach the lab in time and transport it properly to lab.

Please avoid alcohol and tobacco in any form.Take healthy diet.

I hope this answers your query, I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Sperm count 91.5 million, active motile 65 %, pus cells 10-12, abnormal sperm 30%, semen analysis ? 10 hours later
Possible Reason for the infection ?? How to over come that probl
Follow-up: Sperm count 91.5 million, active motile 65 %, pus cells 10-12, abnormal sperm 30%, semen analysis ? 3 minutes later
Hw to increase the volume ... Any tips of particular food item will increase the volume .

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Good to see you back.

The reason for infection as I have written earlier, infection any where in tract or any of gland which contribute to it,could lead to this.

For treatment as I have advised you need to visit urologist who will after complete evaluation will give a course of antibiotics and you will be fine.

As far as volume is concerned,there could be several possible reasons,one could be uncomfortable way of collection,sex or masturbation prior to sample collection etc.

Please observe at least 3 days of abstinence prior to test.Take nutritious food XXXXXXX in vitamins and minerals.Take vitamin supplements if your doctor advises it.

I hope this takes care of query.