Sperm analysis report suggests non liquefaction of the semen. Is there any chance to get this better?

Infertility Specialist
I am 32 years old man, got the results of sperm analysis. Quite good results are followed by NON liquefaction of the semen. Is there any chance to get this better? Is it possible, that the non liquefaction of the semen is a response to a low dosage of ABILIFY, I am taking for 10 years (15, 10, 5 mg consecutively)? Before the treatment, i did not observed any abnormalities on the semen (it was white homogeneous), now, there is an eye seeing contrast, the ejaculate is heterogeneous (white and transparent parts).
Thanks for reply.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 40 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Non liquifaction or delayed liquifaction of the semen are generally due to some minor infection of reproductive tract.

2) It has got nothing to do with Abilify medication you are taking hence please continue with medication without worry.

3) I suggest you give semen for culture and sensitivity which can detect if there is an infection and suitable medication sensitive to it.

4) Even if you dont take medicine it might get cured in few days, but it is advisable to take medicines to cure it early based on semen culture report.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Sperm analysis report suggests non liquefaction of the semen. Is there any chance to get this better? 4 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.

I will visit the urologist, to make analysis mentioned. Hope this will help.

Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later

Please get semen culture and sensitivity test as I had mentioned.

I am happy that my answer was of help to you. Please accept my answer and write a review if you found my answer useful.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist