Sperm analysis report shows 83% amophous, 7% coiled, 9% pin head and 1% normal. Meaning?

sperm analysis report as below pls explain;

1. 83% amophous
2. 7% coiled
3. 9% pin head
4. 1% normal
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sperm morphology; only 1 % normal sperm

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

The above mentioned information is regarding the sperm morphology, which is only part of the complete semen analysis. According to your sperm morphology:
- 83 % of your sperm are amorphous (i.e. it is shapeless, and is thus not viable)
- 7 % of your sperm are coiled (they are not straight, as they should be. This coiled structure is also considered abnormal and cannot result in conception, if it were to XXXXXXX with an egg from a female partner)
- 9 % of your sperm are pin-headed (this is a particular type of deformity in the sperm where the head of the sperm is pointed, and also sadly, cannot result in conception)
- 1 % of your sperm is of normal shape, structure and size

Sadly, I am sorry to inform you that regarding sperm morphology WHO (World Health Organization) has stated that a minimum of 4-5 % of sperm morphology needs to be normal for the sample to be considered as normal; which means at least 4-5 % of the sperm needs to have a normal morphology in order for the male to be fertile.

Please speak to your doctor regarding more information on the same. Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, my sincere apologies once again.

God bless.