Sperm analysis done. Taking Trazure M to increase sperm count. Looking for suggestion

Good Morning Doctor,

Last two manths back, I got my sperm analysis done in which the sperm count came as 16.8 m. On which my doc suggested a tab daily in evening i.e Trazure M , which will help to increase the count.

Unfortunately after two months, I did the check again and now the count has dropped to 8m.

As per my doc, this can be due to various reasons. Below are my questions
1. Is the variation in count so high, that it can become half in two months
2. Gap kept before check was told to me for 4-5 days, but in 2nd check the gap was for 6-7 days, can this also impact.
3. Now my doc has asked me to stop this Trazure M and to start with Oligocare after one week. And before that again do a check after 5 days.

Yesterday, I did had a chat with one of ur doctor, and he suggested to share the reports with expert urologist , hence submitting both my reports.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Saw both your semen analysis reports. The variation between the reports while not high is not uncommon, and semen analysis reports are notorious for variation between one lab to another. Hence we strongly advice patients to have semen analysis done in centres which specialize in infertility. The gap that you have mentioned might not be the only cause for the variation.
Male factor in infertility has many determinants, not all of which have been elucidated. In the meantime, most patients are put on empirical treatment with the hope that while they might not cause major benefit will not do harm. To this class of drugs do most of these belong, including Oligocare, Clomiphene which is what I think you have been started on earlier.
What you can do is actually have a physical examination by a surgeon who is specializing in male infertility, and may be get an ultrasound examination of scrotum and review back with results.
Infertility is an emotionally draining issue, and I strongly suggest that you and your wife be patient. Your first report was actually not bad at all, and hopefully if there has been a derangement in sperm production and quality, it is only temporary.
Hope I have been able to help you.