Sperm analysis done. Taken paternia, moxoza. Can it show improvement? Should medicines be continued?

Question
Before one month in sperm analysis DFI is 60% and serm count 128 mill/ml in total ejaculate of 192 millions
On Dr. Advice I took paternia tablet and moxoza powder for one month; now sperm analysis shows
DFI 53% and sperm count 72 mill/mil in total ejaculate of 72 millions

My doctor is not available in town. Can anyone tell me is it an improvement? Should I continue using these medicines for another 2 months? Will it reduce DFI further?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

There is definitely an improvement that we are seeing here. Your semen analysis report is showing improvement on DFI as it has reduced from 60% to 53%.
If DFI is less than 15% , it indicates very good results on fertility.
DFI 15 -25 %: Pregnancy by normal means is possible, but there may be an increased period of time before pregnancy occurs.
DFI > 30 %: Pregnancy by normal means or by insemination appears improbable. The success rate can be improved by IVF (in vitro (test tube) fertilization).
DFI > 50 %: Pregnancy with IVF is improbable. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) offers better prospects.

But surprisingly your sperm count has reduced but is not bad[20 million is limit to say that it is oligospermia]

To have good results, paternia tablets needs to be continued for 3-6 months.
Continue moxoza powder for 2 months more. Later you can consult your doctor to get semen analysis done again.

Avoid stress, have nutritious diet and balanced exercise. Have 7-8 hrs of sound sleep.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, feel free to revert back.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.

Follow-up: Sperm analysis done. Taken paternia, moxoza. Can it show improvement? Should medicines be continued? 49 minutes later
My wife had two miscarriages. We did all possible test for her and found ok. So doctor tested my semen analysis and after the below first result, did further sonography of private part and also some blood test of serum...everything found to be fine. But DFI of semen was high. After one month of paternia tablet and moxoza powder...I got below second,result of semen analysis.

Please note that in first analysis
Total ejaculate normal
1 hour motality normal
Advanced total progressive motality normal
Sperm morphology subnormal

Total ejaculate normal
1 hour motality sub normal
Advanced total progressive motality sub normal
Sperm morphology normal

With this further detail can help me further?

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Yes, you are showing improvement in DFI.
So continue same medicines for 2 more months i.e tablet paternia and moxoza powder as advised.
It will further reduce DFI and will increase fertility and improve chances of having a child.

After 2 months again get semen analysis done to check effectivity of drugs.
Do not worry, avoid stress.

I hope I have answered your doubt. Revert back in case of other doubts.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.