Spells of being tired, lightheaded. Treatment?

hi just wondering if you can help please I keep having spells of feeling tired sometimes I cant thinks straight and i have spells of feeling lightheaded and swaying feeling as tho the world is moving with out me I do feel better after exercise?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Your symptoms could be due to a middle ear problem may be after a viral illness.
At your age the possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of dizziness or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, middle ear problem, etc.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.