Soreness, swelling below armpit. Did too many pull-ups. Did I tear a tendon?

Spine Surgeon
I did too many pullups at the gym. The results afterwardwas I noticed a soreness and swelling below my armpit/front lat. I have no pain when I do day to day task and even when I workout. Although I've stop working out my back. Did I tear a tendon or is it just a pull? It feels like there's a ball of fluid in there. Any suggestions???

Thank you in advance.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Definitely muscle pull could be a reason. However the swelling you discribed may be due to bicep tendon rupture. I would suggest to consult an orthopedic doctor and get examined your shoulder and arm as clinically we can diagnose that problem. If needed MRI shoulder may be required. Thanks.
Follow-up: Soreness, swelling below armpit. Did too many pull-ups. Did I tear a tendon? 40 minutes later
My bicep is fine. The area of concern is in the armpit area above the oblique. Could it just be a pull with a knot? There is little pain.
Bicep had two heads and one goes through shoulder joint and with sudden exertion it can rupture. Do you feel any swelling in upper arm on flexing the elbow? Other possibility is pectoralis muscle pull. These things can be assessed on clinical exam. please start anti inflammatory medicine which will help. Thanks.