Soreness in wrist after removal of cast, have scar tissue. Advice?

I just had the cast removed after 6 1/2 weeks on a broken wrist. The joint was broken and needed manipulation. Now the cast is of it is really sore and I can hardly straighten my wrist. The specialist said there is a lot of scar tissue. No more advise then to just move it which I find nearly impossible.
Any advise?
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 34 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
When there is immobilisation done for prolonged periods there is a joint stiffness for as long further time as the cast was kept applied. And it resolves slowly over that period. You had a tissue handling during operation leading to scarring in and around joint so you are likely to have the problem in more severity.
But ultimately the range of movements would be restored.
You should learn the active exercises from your ortho physiotherapist, initially keep the range of movements less and build up slowly, you can use painkillers for initial few days.
I would recommend diclofenac 75mg twice a day and serratiopeptidase 10 mg thrice a day after meals.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Wish you a great health!