Soreness in mons pubis. Have diabetes, asthma, thyroid disease. Had sepsis long back. Should i go to an ER?

I am a 49 yo obese female with diabetes, asthma, thyroid disease and chronic pain. Two years ago I had another infection and it caused sepsis. Three days ago, I noticed a soreness in my mons pubis. Tonight it is incredibly painful even when it is not being touched. It is red and angry and the affected area is the size of a golf ball. I have been putting hot moist heat on it tonight. It is 10:00 on Saturday night and wonder if I can wait until Monday to go to the doctor or should I go to an ER?
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 44 minutes later

The skin and the subcutaneous tissue in the mons and other parts of the vulva is very sensitive and causes tremendous pain even with minor inflammation.

Yes, you can wait till Monday if you can bear the pain otherwise there would be no need for an emergency rush.

Although a better option in regards to health would be an early intervention.If it is possible easily for you to reach the ER then you can proceed on.If not you can wait and take Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily after food which reduces the inflammation and pain.

There is no need to worry on fear of sudden worsening of the condition and causing any serious complication.Instead taking Motrin will halt its progress.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Wish you speedy recovery.