Soreness between anus and scrotum, no pain / swelling, rash like. Advise?

Hello, I have a slight soreness between my anus and scrotum. I do shave down there and it feels like it may be a skin problem, but better safe than sorry. I am 26 yrs old, straight, I don't feel anything swollen, and no pain when pressure is applied. Kind of like a rash when i rub the skin there. Please advise.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Unfortunately the report could not be uploaded but the symptoms can be due to chafing skin or friction rub of the skin and the clothes. Chafing is basically skin irritation and redness which occurs when skin rubs against skin or clothing.
Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness:

1) Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material. When doing exercise wear athletic tights or cycling shorts.

2) Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3) You can apply some calamine lotion, which is available over the counter, on the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

4) Application of mild Corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

If there is appearance of any lump then the possibilities of a boil due to infected hair follicles should be ruled out.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.