Soreness and pain in hip and below scrotum. Blood and urine test suggested. Scared

Question
Hello, I am a healthy active 30 year old male... I play tennis a lot competitive. Two weeks ago my hip, below naval, and under scrotum/ tendon down there was sore, slight pain...and achey. I seen a Dr. a week ago and said it was a pulled groin..testicles were fine and no hernia. Today I seen another Dr. and said the same thing, groin, muscle pull... The first Dr. now wants blood test and urine which I just got back from doing..Why blood and urine..I am scared.. I have no huge pain... Why these tests? Thank you.. That whole area feels wierd a bit though...hip to under naval, and down below to inner side thigh..
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The first possibility is a muscle strain, but your problem is persisting.
So your physician is getting the investigations to detect any other possibilities.
There is possibility of retro-peritoneal hematoma, a psoas muscle hematoma or abscess, hip joint problem or a urinary tract infection.
A CBC, Urine routine and culture, Xray hip and ultrasound of abdomen would be quite helpful.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.
Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Soreness and pain in hip and below scrotum. Blood and urine test suggested. Scared 12 hours later
I am feeling better this morning....not as sore and just overall better down there. The nurse from my Dr. just called and said the blood test and urine were all good/normal////

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
So the test are testifying against any serious infectious pathologies,
may be the initial impression would hold true and it is a muscle strain which would resolve over time ultimately and you will get well with the coservative management.
Keep watchful expectancy and stay in touch.
Wish you a great health!