Soreness after the scar tissue removal inside the vagina. Tried vitamin E on anus and vagina. What is the dead skin apprerance?

Question
I had some small in office surgury 2 months ago to remove scar tissue from inside my vaginal area on bottom of my posterior/recal wall. I could not make it over for my check up as I felt pretty good but still have some soreness. For the last 2 weeks I have noticed what appeared to be dead skin on the outside of my anus. I thought I had pinworms without the itching so I went to Canada and got some combantrin and treated myself. I am still having the same problem. I have tried vitamin e on my anus and outer vaginal area but I am still have dead skin around the anus. Advice as to what that is?
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 39 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing your problem to us.
I suggest you should see a Gynecologist preferably the same who performed the office procedure ( if this is not possible you may see any consultant Gynecologist in your area).
As this can only be sorted out after a direct clinical examination & may again be dealt with, by a simple office procedure.
Please don't try medicine on your own as this is not a safe practice.
It may represent a skin tag, a hemorrhoid or anything else. There is no substitute to a clinical examination.
Hope you get well soon.
Regards.