Sore tongue, sore throat, tongue pain. Doctor says it is gastroparesis. Why do I have ear pain?

Hi. I just recently started having a sore back right side of tongue and have had sore throat and ears for some time. Numerous docs and tests including upper gi and small bowel abdominal Ct and a host of others say I have ferd and gadtroporesis. Its been over three months and now the tongue pain. I sm so stressed and fed up with what seems to be something new all the time. Tongue looks normal but the tonsils or taste buds in the back look kinds big. Why the ear pain! Just don't have any more time to take off work to go to docs. Also sleep with nti device
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 46 minutes later

As I understand it, you have a sore tongue, sore throat, and sore ears. You have had abdominal CT and have been diagnosed at various times as--GERD and gastroparesis.

I would suggest the following--
Gargle with alum water twice a day.
Apply boroglycerine on the tongue.
Steam inhalation twice a day with added vicks/eucalyptus oil.
Over the counter acidity pill once a day.
B-complex pill and pro biotic pills available over-the counter once a day.

Incidentally the throat, ears and tongue are all connected and involvement of one part can lead to pain in the others especially if there is inflammation.

Try this for 15 days and do get back if you have follow up queries.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Sore tongue, sore throat, tongue pain. Doctor says it is gastroparesis. Why do I have ear pain? 37 minutes later
Not to worry about throat or tongue cancer? Upper gi barium swallow I did was normal
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 5 hours later
Hi! to me it does not seem like a case of throat or tongue cancer but if you don't feel better in fifteen days, do consult your doctor there for a re-assessment. Wishing you best of health.