Sore throat, white spot on back of throat, light headedness. Taken antibiotics. What do you think?

i have a sore throat that will not go away.been to the doctor and was put on antibotics,twice.i also have white spot on back of throat and i am light headed on right side of head.seems like my right lung around the middle of my back throbs at wants me to call if not feeling well this week .what do you think. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Sore throat for a long time should be evaluated properly.

Already you have taken 2 course of antibiotic but it is not responding.

I think that this is not bacterial.

Fungal cause should be considered.

The white spot at the back of your throat raise the possibility of Candidiasis.

Candidiasis is a one type of fungal infection which can commonly affect the oral cavity & particularly it occurs in immune-compromised patient.

You may have to put on antifungal medication.

The pain at the middle of your back may be due to some causes.

The possibilities are mechanical, musculoskeletal, lung infection, pleural inflammation, malignancy etc.

Any history of trauma, prolonged period of malposturing may cause mechanical pain.
If there is short history fever, cough and associated with pain then chance of lung infection & pleural inflammation increases.

If it is prolonged period & associated with weight & appetite loss, history of smoking then it increase the possibility of lung malignancy.

An x-ray of the chest will give a clear idea.

Your headache is probably tension type.

Your long standing illness may be causing this.

Hope, I have been some help of your query.

Please write if you have any doubt.