Sore throat, pain in neck, swollen lips and cheek, coloured tongue following oral sex. What is it?

Hi, I gave unprotected sex to a guy about 8 days ago. after two days i notice I had a sore throat and pain in my neck, thats kind of gone now.Then about the 4 day ago my lip and cheeks begain to swell and last thing is my tongue has little white line underneath.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 48 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The abrupt onset of symptoms seem to be related to an STI.
Did you have oral/vaginal sex both, please let me know.
If vaginal intercourse then are there any symptoms like burning, redness or blisters in that area.
Did you see see the local condition of the penis- any redness, blisters may indicate an infection.
Please get a complete blood counts, Gram stain and culture of the local inflammed region discharge.
You should do Chlorhexidine gargles 6hourly and brush twice a day for 10days.
You will need prescription antibiotics, so please visit a local clinician.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Sore throat, pain in neck, swollen lips and cheek, coloured tongue following oral sex. What is it? 14 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor, I only gave him oral. I not notice anything on his penis. I've been to my doctor and she felt it was reaction of some sort she gave me methyIprednisonlone. and thats helped with the swelling on my cheeks and a little on my lips but tongue thing happened after I start the med's do you think that could be related?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome back.
The disease may be in evolving phase and has involved the tongue now. It is not related to prednisolone but is an extension of the initial problem.
If the swelling of lips is showing improvement then the tongue would also start recovering soon.
You should continue the methyl pred for 5days ans also get antibiotic prescribed by your doctor.
I hope that would be helpful.