Sore throat, oral sex with sex worker, sores on genitals. HIV tests negative. Chances of STD?

ENT Specialist
Question
I am 45 yrs male. When i had sex with sex worker, XXXXXXX 2010, she removed condom and involved in ass to mouth (oral) sex. I could not be aware. The same day morning I felt sore throat. I feared about HIV. 3 months back I tested for it. Negative. But I am become slim but active. But I received heat in the palm, genetal area and chest and in Genetal area I saw two to three small sores. It disappear. My wife also had same problem She also affected with cold sore. I feared and tested again for HIV( Tridot),VDLR, HbSAG in the December 2011, all are negative. I feel about other stds and kidney disease. I can also see some XXXXXXX in my two sides of cheek ( below eyes). pls help.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 17 hours later

Thanks for the query

First of all, I would like reassure you that it is very difficult to get HIV by oro-anal route. Infection with HIV occurs by the transfer of blood, semen, vaginal fluid, pre-ejaculate, or breast milk. The likelihood of either a man or a woman becoming infected with HIV as a result of receiving oral sex is extremely low, as saliva does not contain infectious quantities of HIV. Well, you can get other STDs which are not as detrimental to the body as HIV.

The presence of STDs in an HIV infected person can increase the risk of HIV transmission. This can be through a genital ulcer which could bleed or through increased genital discharge. Even, a person with HIV or STDs licking the anus the transmission of virus through the anus is almost negligible. Apart from all these, all your blood parameters are normal, so do not worry.

The marks on the cheeks could not be related to any of these conditions; it could be because of weight loss.

I would suggest you to consult a good dermatologist and get those parts examined which were affected with cold sores. Also, consult a good physician for a complete body check up. Do not worry; undue mental stress can make you weak both mentally and physically. Drink plenty of water; eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon