Sore throat, fever, cold-like symptoms. Taken Klacid for wisdom tooth operation. Safe to take Zinnat?

I am suffering from a sore throat, fever and cold-like symptoms. I have also recently finished a course of Klacid XL due to a wisdom tooth operation. Is it safe to take something like Zinnat 500mg to aid the recovery? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 51 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

I would recommend azithromycin for this.In addition give try to warm salt water gargles and steam inhalation.

Please feel free to ask if there are further questions or doubts.