Sore throat, fatigue followed by painful breakout in scalp, eye irritation. Shingles?

I have been reading a bunch because I was suffering with sore throat and deep fatigue for 2w and now I have a breakout in scalp after pain. I was given local azithromycin and it may have helped mild bronchitis but discomfort moved up to sinus and now I have eye irritation and enflammed scalp blisters
my left eye is irritated, I have headache and ear has stabbing pain. lymphnode below left ear is sore and painful and worse today
mild blistering on top of scalp on left side. Has got worse over 5d with extra mild blotches. Mild itching. left eyebrow has worse looking blisters.

Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 8 hours later
The complaints of blisters with pain eye irritation points towards shingles.
Shingles or herpes zoster is a varicella zoster virus infection that in your case has involved distribution of tri germinal nerve. Varicella zoster virus after an episode of chicken pox lies dormant in nerve endings and during an episode of low immunity ( in your case could have been episode of fever, sore throat) reactivates and travels to skin surface to cause shingles. The swollen lymph node will become normal once infection subsides.

The treatment involves intake of oral antiviral( acyclovir or valacyclovir), oral antibiotics, painkillers and topical antibiotic cream.

I would advise that you XXXXXXX a doctor nearby as post herpetic neuralgia( severe pain after shingles episode) is a common side effect if not treated properly.

Hope that helped.