Sore throat, blocked nose, cough. Bleeding from nose when blowing. Should I see a doctor?

I have what looks like a bad cold. Yet, it is really annoying me. A sore throat and blocked nose, especially when i wake up from sleep is very painful. Until i drink some hot drinks, i feel breathing and talking are very difficult. I also cough all day long. This has been on for almost a week now. The other thing that happened to me today is that blood came out from my nose when i was blowing it. I do not blow it very often, so i do not think i hurt it from excessive blowing. Should i see a doctor? If yes, what speciality? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 48 minutes later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Your symptoms suggests that you are suffering from Acute viral infection of upper infections become alright within a week but some times it gets prolonged because of secondary bacterial infection
You must consult your doctor as you had bleeding from nose which could be due to severe infection or polyp etc.
Normally measures like
Steam inhalation
Nasal decongestants are enough and solve the purpose but some time antibiotics are needed.
I hope to have answered your query however if some additional concern,I am open for further discussion.
Thanks and good luck.