Sore throat and white tongue with red bumps on it. Suggest some medication

Dec 2012

Ive been sick last week was coughing alot now my coughing is at a real low dont feel bad but i cant hardly talk my throat is a little sore and my tongue is white with little red bumps on it i had been on flexreel for 8 days has not really helped
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Hello and Welcome,

From your description you are presenting with oropharyngitis (infection of the mouth and throat) and the fact that you are presenting with white tongue and little red bumps signifies possible bacterial infection. You will require a course of antibiotics to relief you from the infection. Antibiotics such as augmentin or azithromycin could get you treated within a couple of days.
Now since I can hardly see how the inside of your mouth is, I will suggest you visit your primary care doctor to examine you closely, probably do a throat swap (for lab testings) and prescribe antiinflammatory + antibiotics medications. Flexreel wouldn't help as it is not indicated for this kind of condition.
Oropharyngeal candidiasis might be a possible cause, so specific antifungi agent should be given.

hope this helps
Dr Nsah