Sore throat and swollen glands, trouble breathing

throat swayed sore my throat swayed seems sore glands swelled
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

If the sore-throat is associated with swollen glands in the inner side walls of the throat, it could be tonsillitis.Tonsillitis occurs usually due to bacterial infection.

The bacterial infection could be isolated or could be secondary to a viral infection.

I suggest you to gargle with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food for three days .This will reduce the bacterial burden and prevent it from progressing.You will be needing a course of antibiotics , do consult your treating doctor for the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Sore throat and swollen glands, trouble breathing 3 minutes later
also little tough to breath any association
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

yes, the breathing difficulty could be due to immature bacterial infection .Do start antibiotics to prevent worsening of the lung condition.

Wish you speedy recovery.