Sore throat and feel like something stuck in throat. Took Prilosec, clindamycin. What is the problem?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi, for three months I have had what feels like a marble in the left side of my throat, just even with my Adam's XXXXXXX About four times in the past three months, I get a sore throat, I always have mucous, but then the sore throat subsides and the marble feeling is still there. Went to one ent who said all was normal adn to take Prilosec, but it didn't work. Another ent gave me clindamycin, but did not work. Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 46 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding marblle like feeling in your left side of throat.Though you have developed sore throat in last thee months about four times. You had been examined by ENT doctor and given antibiotic but you got relief in sore throat only not in marble like feeling.

your history of illness suggest that most probably you are having chronic tonsillitis and most likely keratotic debris in left tonsil which can be confirm by pressing your left tonsil by tongue depressor than these white grannular substances will come out.

For treatment point of view you are advice for these investigations-
(1) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
(2) X-Ray chest - P.A. view.
(3) Blood - CBC, ESR, blood sugar -F. & P.P.
(4) Urine - Routine and microscopic.

After this a tharough examination by a XXXXXXX ENT doctor and clinical co-relation with inferences of investigations one can reach to correct diagnosis which may be accordingly plan for treatment.

Wishing for speedy recovery.

With Regards.

Follow-up: Sore throat and feel like something stuck in throat. Took Prilosec, clindamycin. What is the problem? 7 minutes later
Many thanks, Dr. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 6 minutes later
Hello

Your satisfaction is my pleasure.

Thanks and once again wishing for your speedy recovery.

With Regards.