Sore throat and cough for a month. ENT prescribed Rupanex, Neksium, Alaspan, no help. ECG normal. What to do?

Question
My mother is suffering sore throte & cough from last 1 month,
She has changed 2 ENT(s) it gets ok after she haves medicen but after few days it again gets mild sore throte and cough, today only she went for a health check up through that some reports are not ok that is :-
TEAT NAM RESULT REF. RANGE
MCH : 26.80 pg (27.00-32.00)
MCHC : 31.40 g/dl (32.00-35.00)
E.S.R. Wastergren : 38 mm/hr (0 - 30 )
SGOT (AST) : 40.90 u/l ( < 31.00)
GGTP : 38.40 U/L (7.00 - 32.00)
I.m worried kindly let me know what should be done
CURRUNTLY SHE IS HAVING THESE MEDICEN FROM LAST 14-15 DAYS BUT NOT GETTING EFFECTIVE :
RUPANEX (RUPATADINE) 1 TIME BEFORE SLEEP
ALASPAN (LORATADINE ) 2 TIMES A DAY AFTER MEAL
NEKSIUM ( ESOMEPRAZOLE) 1 TIME IN MORNING BEFORE MEAL
REST REPORTS WERE NORMAL i.e.
ECG
ULTRASOUND
SUGAR TEST
HBA1C
ETC.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 54 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Sore throat is one symptom of an array of different medical disorders. Infections cause the majority of sore throats, and these are the sore throats that are contagious (can be passed from one person to another). Infections are caused by either viruses (such as the "flu" the "common cold") or bacteria (such as "strep", mycoplasma or hemophilus).

The most important difference between viruses and bacteria is that bacteria respond well to antibiotic treatment, but viruses do not.
Other causes of recurrent sore throat could be allergy,irritation,industrial pollutants,straining of voice like yelling,regurgitation of acid,use of tobacco,tumors of larynx etc.
You should get a throat culture done and if culture is positive,then give antibiotics according to the report for at least 10 days.
In case culture is negative then adopt following measures for at least two weeks like
Increase your liquid intake. (Warm tea with honey is a favorite home remedy).
Avoid chilled water and drinks
Gargle with warm salt water several times daily.
Take mild pain relievers such as acetaminophen,ibuprofen etc
Take non-prescription throat lozenges.
continue your medicines which you are taking
I hope your mother shall be all right with these measures.
However if your mother doesn't respond to these measures,then she should be seen by an ENT specialist and get necessary investigations done which may include laryngoscopy.
I have seen the reports and they are all right.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.,

Follow-up: Sore throat and cough for a month. ENT prescribed Rupanex, Neksium, Alaspan, no help. ECG normal. What to do? 19 minutes later
Kindly let me know what are the diet she should have kindly let me know, that what she should have and what she should not,

What else remedey do you advice advice

and the report of liver which were not , i mean the result and the range is not getting mactch....is it fine????

And i forgot to tell that she is taking this syrup aswell:-

Lastuss La (Dextrothorphan hydromide oral suspension)

The medicen she is having . she is having alerdy from last 10-11 days, i mean she shoould continue for more day????... if yes then how many days more.......

I did not understand this can u plese explain
" ake mild pain relievers such as acetaminophen,ibuprofen etc
Take non-prescription throat lozenges "

And can she gargal with betadine????

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later
Hello
She should avoid spicy food,pickles and citrus fruits.
These liver reports although slightly out of range are considered normal.
She may continue her cough syrup.
She should continue these medicines for at least two weeks more.
Pain relievers are to be taken if your mother complains of pain in body or throat.
She may take any throat losenzes for which no prescription is required.
She may gargle with betadine.
Thanks

Follow-up: Sore throat and cough for a month. ENT prescribed Rupanex, Neksium, Alaspan, no help. ECG normal. What to do? 6 minutes later
Ok,
Now i just wanna ask 1 question for my self that by mistake i just had 1 mosquito by mistake, actually i was breathing and my mouth was open, iam feeling very uncomfortable , i spittied atleast 10 times and i still think that its in my throte, kindly let me know that is it safe and is there is any problom.....any medcien for this....

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 minutes later
Hello
There is no problem.
The mosquito must have died.
If feeling uncomfortable,do the hot saline gargles.
Relax and nothing to worry.
Thanks