Sore testicles that burn after unprotected sex. On valtrex and anti fungal medicine. Other treatment? Cancer?

Testicle Pain for 2 months

Drs. I have had sore testicles and a burning sensation for over two months now. I was tested a month ago for HSV, HIV, chlamydia and other stds and my results have been negative. The HSV test was the IGG test and it was negative. A little over two months ago I had unprotected sex w a girl I started dating and this pain started a week after she and I had intercourse. After that day the pain has not stopped. The second day I had this pain I went to the Dr and he put me on Valtrex since he believed I had contacted HSV 2. The thing is I have not had any open soars or pain urinating at all during the last two months and I was on Valtrex for 15 days w two doses a day and that didn't change anything. Since then I've been on anti biotics for a while and also anti fungal medication and nothing has changed.

So I've done so much reading and also been to the Dr 4 times and I can't get what I have, figured out. So my question is do you have any idea what this could possibly be? Is there any tests I should have done? Could this be testicular cancer? Any help would be much appreciated bc right now this pain won't go away and the stress of this has made me unable to sleep or eat much.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

I fully understand your symptoms but let me tell at the start itself that it is very difficult to know the cause of such sore testicles.

Any further tests are also not going to add any new information.

You should get yourself examined to rule out prostatic infection. I usually start all my patients on alpha blockers and they feel much better with these medications and symptoms usually disappear over the next few days.

The likelihood of your having testicular cancer is very minimal as you have been subjected to clinical examination and also ultrasound examination. Almost all testicular cancer patients shall be picked up with these two tests. So do not worry about it.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.