Sore stomach pain, breast tenderness. Found tampon stuck. Is that be the cause?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, I went to the doctors yesterday so see what was wrong with me I had very sore stomache pain, breast tenderness and awful pain as well, as I went to the doctors they lady found a tampon stuck. And im still in bad pain what may happen now?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

What medication did the doctors prescribe to you for the pain in the abdomen and breast tenderness? Was there any foul smelling discharge following removal of the tampon?

Tampon, if left for some time, can get infected and give rise to pain in abdomen. Please take the medicines prescribed by the doctors, if any, for relief. In case nothing was prescribed you can take acetaminophen (Tyelnol) 1 tablet for pain relief and do warm fomentation for relief.

Be rest assured you shall be alright and nothing is going to happen.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Sore stomach pain, breast tenderness. Found tampon stuck. Is that be the cause? 19 minutes later
hi there
no the doctors didn't proscribe me with anything, yes there was a bit of a smell as she took it out, that's why I was a bit worried, after my friend told me about the vomiting all the time and really really bad pain in the abdomen

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 7 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

Toxic shock syndrome does not happen overnight.

As you mentioned vomiting and stomach ache I suggest that you consult your doctor and get yourself re-examined. The doctor may like to do the following basic investigations:
1. Hemogram.
2. Blood culture.
3. Ultrasound, if required.
Based on the examination appropriate medication will be prescirbed and there is no reason why you will not be better.

I hope I have responded to your doubts to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv

Follow-up: Sore stomach pain, breast tenderness. Found tampon stuck. Is that be the cause? 4 minutes later
ok then no worries, so your suggesting I should go back to the doctors today?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 8 minutes later

As I suggested earlier take tablet acetaminophen and do fomentation which should give you some relief.

It is always better to get a re-examination done if the problem persist.

Wising you all the best.

Rajiv