Sore spots on spine, rib pain, coated tongue, blood test showed anemia. Worried about bad disease.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my back has sore spots on spine, my ribs hurt, and I have a coated tongue
I am seeing a chiropractor and I have had blood tests just showing anemia- I have bad menstral periods. I am worried that I have some bad disease because the pain is getting worse. I really feel it at night when sleeping. I am on my feet all day as a teacher. It took a while for my last back problem to clear up. My tongue is coated but I am also stressed from this I have had no fevers or body chills. I just have the back pain.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
A progressively worsening back pain might be due to
• Nerve root syndromes are those that produce symptoms of nerve impingement (a nerve is directly irritated): Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration
Musculoskeletal pain syndromes that produce low back pain includes myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia.
• Infections of the bones: Bacterial and spinal Tuberculosis
• Noninfectious inflammation of the spine (spondylitis) can cause stiffness and pain in the spine that is particularly worse in the morning
The coated tongue can be due to anemia that you are having.
Please visit your orthopedician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.
In the meanwhile, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Sore spots on spine, rib pain, coated tongue, blood test showed anemia. Worried about bad disease. 15 hours later
should I see an ortho specialist?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes seeing an Ortho specialist will help in proper diagnosis and further treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.