Sore spot turned to scabs after intercourse. Tested negative for herpes. Any suggestions?

I had sex last night and the next day the sore spot turned to scabs today.. I have been tested with an IGG test for herpes and it came back negative...This is not the first time I have seen these scabs form..It seems to only happen the day after I have had sex...I start to notice it after I have been doing it for a long time...I just wonder if this is from friction or something else..
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 43 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

This might represent "friction". As far as the time course of herpes outbreaks and infections, to have the appearance of a blister on day#1 and conversion to a crusted-over ulcer by day#2 is a much shorter time frame than would be typical.

If you believe that you have never actually had herpes, or there is confusion, you can ask your doctor to draw blood titers for herpes type 1 and 2 and this will tell you whether you have ever been exposed to this virus.

I hope this helps!