Sore penis, hurts to urinate, leakage at penis tip. Could it be due to partner?

Question
One morning i woke up and my penis was sore and it hurt when i pee. A day later i started seeing leakeage at the tip. Now i have not sleep with any one but my girl. Two years ago we went to the clinic and it said that I had something but she did not so they gave me a shot and not her. Could it be she had something and they did not catch it so she gave it back to me two years later.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 45 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Half the women with gonorrhea are asymptomatic. Thus a women can suffer with sub clinical infection and transmit it during this period.

In your case, if she was suffering with any STD, then why she have not transmitted it during past 2 years, but transmit it now? And you might not be suffering at present with same infection.

As you are suffering with diabetes, you are more prone to infections.

Please get your blood sugar monitored regularly.

To find out causative organism and effective drugs, please get your urine tested for routine and Culture & Sensitivity.

Causative organism can give you some idea about source of infection.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Sore penis, hurts to urinate, leakage at penis tip. Could it be due to partner? 12 hours later
I did not quit understand your answer. I said is it possible she has been having the std the whole time and gave it back to me or something recently got. And if she been having it why am I just getting it.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 8 hours later

Welcome again,

Sorry for the Delay

Yes, it is possible for her to suffer with asymptomatic sub-clinical infection(STD), like Gonorrhea for two years. But it seems that she has been not suffering with any sub-clinical STD. Because if she has been suffering with asymptomatic STD, during this period, you should have received it long back.

First, you should get it confirmed through Culture & Sensitivity test of urine, that whether you are suffering with STD or any other infection. If you are suffering with STD, get her also investigated. In that case both of you have to take treatment.

As I have already written, infecting organism will give some idea about "Whether you have contracted it from her or not".

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma